Join the Game Club team as they play around in space with a new special guest.
Can you get the rebel plans to the Federation fleet in FTL: Faster Than Light? Will the boys be vented into space by Catherine when she returns?
Listen to this week’s Game Club for all this pew pew and more! (With special Guest Josinabox)
FTL: Faster Than Light
- Direct Download (Right Click+Save As)
- RSS Feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Join the Game Club Facebook Group
- Game Club on Stitcher
- Show your thanks to Non-Fiction Gaming for this episode by becoming a Non-Fiction Gaming Patron at Patreon.com/nfglive. It will help ensure Game Club continues far into the future!
In this Episode – Faster Than Light Podcasting
Intro – 0:00
Nerd Week – 2:11
Gaming News – 15:11
FTL Discussion – 30:20
Game Recommendations – 56:51
Quiz – 1:04:57
Next Week on Game Club – 1:11:37
FTL: Faster Than Light is Available From
- Charles – Board Game testing day, Rick and Morty, Sweet Nerd presents!
- We bought Charles an EMC Photography photo shoot for his birthday.
- Daniel – Board game delivery! Witcher 3 defeated!
- Josh – Cool Sci-Fi escape room, Pocket Morty,
- Daniel – Valve’s $24 million 2017 International Dota 2 Championships
- Josh – eSports at the Olympics
- Charles – The world’s first sex robot brothel is currently in talks to expand globally, while an Austrian brothel has claimed that its own sex doll is now more popular with clients than real women.
FTL on Game Club
- Roguelike with Space Ship top down view
- Control your crew within your ship, different rooms, different weapons, different systems
- Being chased by the Rebellion (the bad guys for once?)
- Competing against escaping their encroaching forces and getting resources
- Quests, little narratives, shops, enemies
- Final boss ship
- Multiple ships and different tactics that focus on replayability
FTL: Faster Than Light is a top-down roguelike space ship simulator created by indie developer Subset Games, which was first released for Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux in September 2012.
Developer: Subset Games
Designer(s): Justin Ma; Matthew Davis
Composer: Ben Prunty
Writer(s): Tom Jubert
Genre(s): Strategy, roguelike-like
Publisher: Subset Games
Don’t forget that each system can be upgraded and you can increase your overall power using scrap.
- Defect – On Steam
- Pulsar: Lost Colony
Reach out to Game Club on Twitter:
- Tweet to us using #GameClubCast
- Follow Daniel – @nfgDan
- Encourage Charles to Tweet – @CharlesBryers
- Read Catherine’s scripts – @CSMcMullen
Next Time on Game Club – Prison Architect
Buy it through the Humble Store
Prison Architect: Mobile – Paradox Interactive
We’d appreciate your thoughts on it in the comments below or in our new Facebook Group