As promised, Bethesda has released the first beta patch for Fallout 4. According to its release notes, this patch comes with general memory and stability improvements, and fixes a couple of bugs that were reported by the fans.
You can read the complete change-log below:
Steam Beta Update Available for Fallout 4
Beta Update 1.2.33
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games. You can also give feedback at Bethesda’s beta forums[forums.bethsoft.com]
To get the beta, you need to do the following:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta any more, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.
Join Non-Fiction Gaming on Google+, Facebook and Twitter