Fight to Survive Alone in the Stone Age Wilderness
Ubisoft has officially confirmed rumours by announcing Far Cry: Primal.
Set in the stone age, Primal – with a release date of February 23rd on current-gen consoles and in March 2016 on PC – has you take control of Takkar, a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of his group. You have one goal: survival in a world where you are the prey.
That’s right. According to the official press release, the PC version will be slightly delayed, thus following the example of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate.
Far Cry Primal – Almost Everything Is Trying To Kill You
From Ubisoft’s official announcement:
Now on his own in a treacherous world, Takkar will face massive mammoths, savage sabretooth tigers, hostile bands of rival hunters, and countless other threats as he attempts to re-unite his lost tribe.
Here are Far Cry Primal’s key features:
- Grow your tribe and hone your skills to lead your people.
- Ally yourself with a cast of memorable characters who can help push back the dangers of the wild.
- Face enemy tribes who will do anything to eradicate you and your allies.
- Defeat predators and humans, and rise to become the apex predator.
- Stalk enemy outposts and plan your attack using weapons and tools crafted from the bones of beasts you’ve killed.
- Master the element of fire to multiply your tactical options, setting your weapon on fire or scaring predators at night.
- Land the killing blow on the prey you’ve hunted across the plains. But beware, its scent may attract predators willing to fight you for the prize.
- The rich setting of the Stone Age only multiplies the amount of deadly weapons, dangerous threats and incredible stories that Far Cry is known for.
- Discover the majestic and savage land of Oros with its breathtaking valley of redwood forests, harsh taiga, and humid swamps where you can see Earth as it was before man laid claim to it.
- Oros teems with life from large herds of deer and vicious packs of dire-wolves to warring enemy tribes. It is ruled by megafauna such as sabretooth tigers and woolly mammoths, giant animals that dominated the Earth in the Stone Age and were feared by every other living being.
In order to celebrate this announcement, Ubisoft revealed the following screenshots and trailer.
What do you think of the Far Cry Primal announcement so far? Do you think this spin-off will be like Blood Dragon?
Get into the comments section and start the discussion!