‘The Division’ Day One Issues Include: Gameplay Problems, Connectivity Issues and Bugs
In-game purchases are annoying.
Online games have issues on day one.
These are three phrases every gamer knows to be true, and the launch of Tom Clancy’s The Division is no exception.
The new online open-world RPG from Ubisoft launched around the world on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this week… but not without a few hiccups.
Players flooded into The Division on day one to be greeted with a host of errors and bugs ranging from Server Connectivity to getting stuck in an area or falling through certain maps.
One overlooked problem involed all new ‘agents’ needing to interact with a computer, only one player can interact at a time which caused a massive bottleneck in the experience.
Magnus Jansén, creative director, Ubisoft released a public announcement about the successful launch of the long awaited game.
“We are very proud to put Tom Clancy’s The Division into the hands of all of our fans, The team is already hard at work on the planned expansions, but in the meantime we hope players will enjoy their adventures in mid-crisis New York.”
The creative director might be patting himself on the back but Community Managers and Developers are rushing to respond to issues brought up by the flood onto The Division’s servers.
A Day One patch has already been sent out and its reported to be around 2GB depending on your platform. For those with a slow Internet connection, it looks like a bit of a wait is on the cards.
If you’re having issues that aren’t resolved by a patch you can take a look at the ‘Known Bugs’ section of the Ubisoft forums and see if there’s a workaround.
What’s been your experience with Tom Clancy’s The Division so far? We’d love to know in the comments below.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 1.01 (Day One Patch)
Appearance Menu has been updated
- Now displays as a grid making it much easier to browse items
- “Outfit Sets” option added to quickly equip all the items in a set
- “Inspect” feature added
- Fixed several lights that did not cast global illumination
- Fixed missing volumetric lights on traffic lights
- Illuminated signs now cast actual light
- Improved atmospheric haze in several time and weather combinations
- Improved night time lighting and contrast
- Adjusted exaggerated rim light shader on characters
- Improved car window reflections
- Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) to be more pronounced
Mega Map and open world updates:
- New “Mission Overview” has been added to the Mega Map
- Contaminated zones will now display the required filter level on the Mega Map
- Field data with audio will automatically play when you pick them up
- If you start listening to field data with audio from the menu, you can keep listening outside the menu
- Subtitles added for all Field Data that play audio
- Mission entrance menu usability has been improved
- Significantly increased the number of crafting materials obtained from loot crates
- The icon for landmarks in the Dark Zone has been changed and now indicates if non-player enemies are present or not
- New “Help” menu is now available in the Settings menu. It stores all the loading screen and context sensitive tips
- New tutorials added for certain gameplay features and mechanics (these can be switched off in the Options menu)
- Added information to the in-game loot pickup UI that displays why an item can’t be picked up
- The deployable turret no longer targets non-rogue players and doesn’t damage neutral players caught in the line of fire
- Skill modifiers have been added directly to gear (previously only available on gear mods)
Fixes and general improvements
- Fixed glitches that could be exploited by players to gain an unfair advantage in the game (such as invisibility, shooting through walls, etc).
- Extended server-side checks to detect any illegal actions from the game client, limit their impact in the game and track down the perpetrators.
- Fixed an issue on character select screen that resulted in getting stuck with a specific combination of inputs
- Fixed a progression blocking issue caused by accepting a group invite at a specific moment during the Base of Operations unlock sequence
- Players will no longer return all the way back to start screen after creating or logging in to their Ubisoft Club account
- Fixed remaining bugs that prevented log-in attempts when non-essential services were offline
- Overall stability increased
- Further backend improvements and optimizations
- Localization adjustments and bug fixes
- Additional minor bug fixes and polish