Ubisoft’s long-anticipated survival title I Am Alive will be released on the PSN in April according to announcements made this week. Released on March 7th for the Xbox 360, the planned PS3 version has only just been given a release date. PS3 owners can expect to get their hands on this downloadable-only title on April 3rd in North America or April 4th for Europe and Australia.
The price, based on the cost of the 360 version, is expected to be $14.99.
I Am Alive follows an everyman’s journey to find his wife and daughter, who were lost during the “Event.” A year later, he finds Haventon, his hometown, in shambles. Buildings are destroyed, toxic ash fills the streets and society has been torn, causing inhabitants to take all necessary actions to survive.
Also available is a FREE iOS companion App, which features:
· A ‘photo mode’ that lets you create your own I Am Alive-themed photos;
· Original game soundtrack, including 6 tracks exclusively composed for the App;
· A street map of the main game area with exclusive hints from the developers;
· List resources from the game detailing the level of rarity and effects on health, stamina and stamina capacity;
· List of all Achievements and Trophies with check/uncheck tracking feature;
· 5 videos including a trailer, a making and the 3 “survivor tapes”;
· Over 50 production concept arts, promotional artworks and screenshots.
The game has so far received fairly mixed reviews, but the concept alone is intriguing enough to warrant a buy, at least from me.