Ubisoft has announced that Escape from Durgesh Prison, a new piece of downloadable content for Far Cry 4, will be released in Australia and New Zealand on January 14, 2015 on Xbox Live (XBL) & for PC and January 15th on PlayStation Network (PSN). In this challenging time trial players will race against the clock and other players for a spot atop the leader boards.
Escape from Durgesh Prison:
Ajay and Hurk wake up after being captured, tortured and stripped of their weapons in Yuma’s prison. Thrown in the dangerous world of Kyrat without anything to defend themselves with, players will complete a series of challenges to find weapons and unlock new skills while trying to reach the extraction point to safety.
Playable in single player and coop, this DLC will keep players running across Kyrat to complete side objectives dictated by Pagan Min to recover their lost weapons and upgrade their gear before a final stand-off with Yuma’s forces.
To ramp up the challenge, when players die they must start the mission over again and use the knowledge and skills they gained during their previous run through to help them reach their extraction point successfully.
Escape from Durgesh Prison is available as part of the Far Cry 4 Season Pass or can be purchased separately.
The other DLC for Far Cry 4 includes:
· The Syringe – Already available exclusively for Season Pass holders, players must keep a rare and potent recipe from falling into the hands of Pagan Min’s forces. Playable in single-player and co-op, players will need to ensure that he does not use its devastating effects on the rebel forces.
· Escape from Durgesh Prison – Available on January 14th 2015: The player and a fellow captive have been rounded up and tortured in Yuma’s prison. He will have to escape from the prison and survive the hostile lands of Pagan Min’s Kyrat.
· Hurk Deluxe Pack – Five missions, playable in single-player and co-op, including Yak Farm, Blood Ruby and Hurk’s Redemption are available. Access an arsenal of new weapons including a harpoon gun for Hurk.
· Overrun – Team up as Rakshasa or Golden Path in this PvP mode and control a series of neutral locations across Kyrat’s countryside to protect them from being overrun by your opponents.
· Valley of the Yetis – Ajay’s helicopter has crashed on an unforgiving Himalayan ridge. Explore the frozen landscape and find tools to upgrade your camp and protect it from a dangerous cult when night falls. With single-player and co-op options, players will not be alone, but in the darkest caves players will have more to fear than the cult as the yetis await their prey…