Prison Architect – Game Club Podcast 12
It’s time to get tough on crime in Prison Architect.
Catherine is back this week as we build to maximum security in the 12th episode of the podcast. Can Dan handle the solitary? Does Charles rule with an iron fist?
Listen and discuss the Game Club game of the week: Prison Architect.
- Direct Download (Right Click+Save As)
- RSS Feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Join the Game Club Facebook Group
- Game Club on Stitcher
- Show your thanks to Non-Fiction Gaming for this episode by becoming a Non-Fiction Gaming Patron at Patreon.com/nfglive. It will help ensure Game Club continues far into the future!
In this Episode – Building the Prison System
Intro – 0:00
Nerd Week – 1:42
Gaming News – 13:20
Prison Architect Discussion – 29:56
Game Recommendations – 1:02:24
Prison Slang Quiz – 1:09:00
Next Week on Game Club – 1:15:13
Nerd Week –
- Charles – Wargaming Association Cell in Melbourne with terrain coming, Samsung Gear with new S8, Board Game development redesign, 30th Birthday Presents (Nerd stuff), Sweet Han Solo trade
- Daniel –
- Babysitting for my sisters kids, pulled out the Wii U. Turns out the console is successful at one thing.
- Back into Guild Wars 2 – New expansion coming out soon.
- Got invited to partake in a Gaming Marathon for charity.
- VR @ MIFF, Deep Space Puzzle Room, Work, flew to Canberra, flew to Sydney
- Daniel –
- Gamescom – Age of Empires 4, Angela Merkel playing Minecraft and Farming Simulator
- Catherine – VR Port
- Charles –
Game Club – Prison Architect
Prison Architect is a private prison construction and management simulation video game developed and published by Introversion Software.
Initial release date: 6 October 2015
Designer: Chris Delay
Genre: Construction and management simulation
Awards: BAFTA Games Award for Persistent Game
Developers: Introversion Software, Double Eleven
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, Linux, Macintosh operating systems
The campaign with the polaroids and stuff was fun. I want some more of that at all times.
You’ll sink hours into the sandbox mode, be sure to active the random events option.
Will you reform or punish?
- The Escapists 1 & 2
- Fallout Shelter
- Daniel –
- Cities Skylines
- Evil Genius
- Charles –
- Rimworld (the obvious), recommended before
- Theme Hospital
Reach out to Game Club on Twitter:
- Tweet to us using #GameClubCast
- Follow Daniel – @nfgDan
- Encourage Charles to Tweet – @CharlesBryers
- Read Catherine’s scripts – @CSMcMullen
Prison Slang Quiz
Next Time on Game Club…. Bastion
Bastion is an action role-playing video game developed by independent developer Supergiant Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
In the game, the player controls “the Kid” as he moves through floating, fantasy-themed environments and fights enemies of various types. It features a dynamic voice-over from a narrator, and is presented as a two-dimensional game with an isometric camera and a hand-painted, colourful art style.
Bastion’s story follows the Kid as he collects special shards of rock to power a structure, the Bastion, in the wake of an apocalyptic Calamity.
Developer(s) Supergiant Games
Publisher(s) Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Designer(s) Amir Rao
Platform(s) Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
Release July 20, 2011